The Hellenic American Bankers Association (HABA) jointly with the Hellenic Bankers Association-UK (HBA-UK) are hosting an online panel discussion on what may happen in the aftermath of the global pandemic crisis.
- Steven Eisman, Senior Portfolio Manager, Neuberger Berman; an American businessman and investor known for having shorted collateralized debt obligations, thereby profiting from the collapse of the US housing bubble in 2007–2008.
- George Saravelos, Global Head of FX Research, Deutsche Bank
Date: 6 May 2020, 12pm EDT / 5pm GMT
Attendance: Open to all but registration is required. Priority will be given to HABA and HBA-UK members (subject to availability)
Join the conversation with our panelists to discuss important topics on the global agendas such as:
- How would the recovery path look like?
- Does markets performance or economic history of past crises give us any guide on this era?
- How is business affected by the coronavirus worldwide and the consequences to GDP?
- As the US, EU and UK are navigating their journey out of the coronavirus pandemic, how will the high accumulation of national debt, as well as, central banks’ QE programs (in an era of lowest ever interest-rates) impact their respective economies, enterprises and societies?
- Will EU get debt mutualization?
- What is the role of the US and Europe in a global economic response to the pandemic?
- Is the US push against China transparency around COVID-19 a game changer for international relations?
- What this crisis means for the November US election and EU politics?
Interested in Joining the HBA-UK?:
HBA-UK Membership information can be found in the following link: http://staging.hellenicbankers.org.uk/membership/
Alternatively, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to your participation!
The Executive Committee, HBA-UK