We are delighted to invite you to our upcoming zoom webinar:
‘COVID-19 and Economic Recovery in Greece – challenges and prospects’, co-hosted with LSE Hellenic Observatory.
Greece has come through an exceptional debt crisis and now it faces the economic fallout from the COVID-19 pandemic. Can it maintain its return to growth? What are its best opportunities – as well as its biggest risks? What support does Greece seek from the European Union, with the proposed Recovery Plan? How does the Government intend to respond to the proposals made by the Pissarides Commission? Dr. Christos Staikouras is Minister of Finance for Greece and a New Democracy MP. He will outline his plans for Greece and respond to comments and questions from our expert discussants, as well as the audience.
- Christos Staikouras, Minister of Finance, Hellenic Republic
- Anna Diamantopoulou, President of “Diktio” Network for Reform in Greece and Europe
- George Handjinicolaou, Chairman, non-executive member, Board of Directors, Piraeus Bank
- Dimitri Vayanos, Professor of Finance, LSE
- Kevin Featherstone, Hellenic Observatory Director; Eleftherios Venizelos Professor of Contemporary Greek Studies and Professor of European Politics, LSE
- The zoom webinar will take place on Tuesday, 27 October, 530-7pm
- It will be free and open to all; pre-registration will be required.
- Register please at www.lse.ac.uk/Events/2020/10/202010271730/greece
- The event will also be livestreamed via Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Hellenic.Observatory.LSE
Interested in joining the HBA-UK? For all non-members who would like to attend our Association 2020 events and participate in our activities, we warmly encourage you to join the Association by clicking the following link (annual membership fee starts from £30):
If you have any queries on our upcoming event or becoming a member of the Hellenic Bankers Association, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
We wish you well and look forward to seeing you at the event.
HBA-UK Executive Committee